Ramagyan Student Council is a group of elected and volunteer students working together with an advisor teacher within the framework of a set of rules and regulations to provide a means for student expression and assistance in school affairs and activities. It gives opportunities to the students to experience leadership and encourages student /faculty/community relations.
- The Student Council consists of students from both the Junior School and the Middle School level. This council functions as an advisory body for all the student-related issues in the school.
- They are responsible for organizing the CSPs at school and promoting beneficial welfare activities for the overall development of the students. This body is responsible for conducting all the cultural, scholastic and sports events within the school premises.
- In this way, they represent the opinion of the students in front of the administration so that the school runs in harmony. The student council is also consulted while framing any policies for the students and provide them with the opportunities of being good leaders by expressing the opinion of a whole lot of students.
The selection of the student council is the very model of democracy at the school level that respects the participation of the peers, teachers and the administrative heads of the school.
Through projects and activities, student councils work to:
- Motivate and guide students to participate actively in school life
- Develop leadership and personal organization
- Inculcate values like responsibility, compassion, and an enlightened spirit
- Involve students in decision making and planning for activities
- Sensitize students to the diversification of the society and help them communicate to the society well.
- Understand the constraints and limitations and appreciate the challenges of leadership
The role of the student council at Ramagya is :
- To give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects.
- In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body. They help share student ideas, interests and concerns with the school-wide community.
- The function of the student council is based upon parliamentary procedures. Ideas are presented, voted upon and confirmed by the student body president.
Any student that is interested in leadership, organizational behaviour, event planning or becoming more involved in the school is welcomed to be involved.