“Tell me I forget. Teach me I remember. Involve me and I learn” -Benjamin Franklin
As one of most eco-friendly schools in Noida extension, the school building emphasizes a net zero energy approach as required in today’s alarming evidence of climate change with the construction industry contributing to nearly 40% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. We have thus taken cues from bioclimatic architecture and passive concepts to provide renewable energy on-site whenever possible, making Ramagya the best among the top schools in Noida extension for its green infrastructure.
Site planning has been done in such a way that 70% of the site area has been kept green and virgin to protect the top soil layer while giving outdoor sports activities like football, lawn tennis, playfields for a different group of students, internal and external courtyards etc. for the students to come out and enjoy, making it one of the top 10 schools in Noida extension.
Another reason why Ramagya School tops the list of schools in Noida extension in architecture and infrastructure is that the design for the school is guided by the open courtyard principle found in traditional buildings in India, which aids in natural ventilation, provides ambient daylight to the interior spaces, acts as a transition space between the classrooms and other activities. It has been integrated with biophilic architecture to reduce radiant heat and create a comfortable microclimate. Planter boxes and big shading trees can be seen creating a favorable temperature. Double glazed windows have been used in façades which provides excellent insulation from the temperature outside.
Ramagya School is the only one among the schools in greater Noida west with a courtyard that is shaded on top with a steel pergola which cuts the direct radiations falling on the interior facade of the classrooms whose windows open inside the court. The massive steel roof has been equipped with solar panels capable of generating 750kW of energy, as well as shading the primary roof, thus minimizing heat gain through the roof while bringing down mechanical loads of the building. Suffice to say, Ramagya School is the best school in greater Noida west in energy conservation practices
Overhangs and louvres have been provided on the building periphery to shade the vertical walls and windows thus increasing the thermal mass of the building. The double-height reception block has overhangs and a terrace garden on top which reduces the heat island effect and also provides a breakout space for the students and staff to enjoy. The central pergola has been lifted up to allow for hot indoor air to rise and escape while creating a natural current of wind flow in the interiors.
Ramagya School is one top 10 schools in greater Noida west for making learning comfortable during summers. The classroom blocks have been punctured at various junctions to create breakout spaces which also act as vents for hot air to rise and exit while maintaining wind flow through the corridors. These act as transition spaces between the classroom and the outside where children can come out and enjoy the break between classes, and can also work as semi-outdoor classrooms and gathering spaces. These will be equipped with operating tables, smart bookshelves and seating spaces. Instead of using expensive technology for thermal comfort, the building strategizes in creating more spaces for the user to come out and enjoy. Such practices help the Ramagya School to be one of the affordable schools in Noida extension in maintenance and repair.
The building façade has been broken into parts using brick bands which shade the façade itself. Rotated brick net has been used to shade the south facade of the building block. The rotational angles of the brick block the diffused and direct radiation falling on the primary facade. Rainwater harvesting systems have been used to collect water from terraces and recharge the groundwater table. The wastewater such as water from the washrooms is conveyed to the sewage treatment plant and is reused for horticulture purposes.
- Double glazed windows have been used in façade which provide excellent insulation from the temperature outside
- 230mm thick walls provide high thermal mass while keeping the interiors insulated
- The roof of reception area has been utilized and converted into a terrace garden to reduce heat island effect and made it an accessible garden enjoyed by students and staff.
- 70% of the site area has been kept green and virgin to protect the top soil layer while giving activities like playfields, courtyards etc for the students to come out and enjoy.
- The design for the school is guided by the open courtyard principlefound in traditional buildings in India which aids in natural ventilation, provides ambient day light to the interior spaces, acts as a transition space between the classrooms and other activities. It has been integrated with biophilic architecture to reduce radiant heat and create comfortable microclimate.
- The courtyards and transition spaces have been strategically placed and designed to enable children to play outside even at 45 degrees without getting a thermal shock.
- The school is going to be Delhi NCR’s first net zero school equipped with a 750 KW solar panels on the roof. The campus’ mission is to create a human-centric design for the future of education and set new global sustainability standards for construction and school design.
- Rainwater harvesting systems have been used to collect water from terraces and recharge the groundwater table.
- The wastewater such as water from the washrooms is conveyed to the sewage treatment plant and is reused for horticulture purposes.
- The classrooms are completely day lit and naturally ventilated with windows opening towards the courtyard and the outside
- Low carbon footprint materials have been used like exposed brickwork , kota stone and fly ash concrete building blocks which are locally purchased from within a 100km radius decreasing the embodied energy of the materials.
The curriculum followed at Ramagya can boast of its global lineage with wide-ranging core subjects, students and teachers exchange programme for global exposure and an ideal,
Student-Teacher ratio of 25:1 Ramagya School, Noida is one of the trendsetter schools in India due to its contemporary teaching pedagogies which incorporate best practices of:
- Maria Montessori,
- Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligence,
- Montessori Learning Corridors,
- Reflective Corners,
- Word Wall,
- Open doors
- Our own customised ‘flexi learn technology’ at the secondary and senior secondary level.
The badge of honour of Ramagya School is its alumni with their exceptional academic accomplishments in board results, mass selections in IITs/IIMs/NIIT/Medical/NDA and other reputed institutes. Ramagyas’ alumni also have star International/National / State level players. Ramagya School offers an international platform with a perfect blend of state of the art infrastructure, technology, modern pedagogy, culture, sports, innovative and experiential learning skill.
RAMAGYA AT A GLANCE
- CORE (Curriculum of Ramagyian Eminence) – Early Childhood Curriculum based on Australian and Finland teaching pedagogy
- Student-centric and adaptive teaching pedagogy based on CBSE curriculum
- Pedagogy facilitating Flexi and blended learning
- ‘No child left behind policy’ through differential learning with an ideal teacher-student ratio
- REFLECTION CORNER – Regulates actions, reactions and behaviour of students to promote social and emotional learning; helps in recalling and reinforcing the basic concepts.
- Continuous Professional Development by Quality Education Asia
- Enhancing analytically and preparing the students for the future competitive exam through NSTSE, IMO, NSO, IEO, SOF, ASSET and ACER.
- Well qualified, trained, experienced and UCLA certified teachers
- Environmental sensitisation through TERI
- SPIC MACAY for Development of Creative skills- Dance, Music & Theatre
- Inspirational talks by the best TED speakers from across the globe
- Up to 100% Scholarship for meritorious students.
- Think of a number: Abacus and Vedic Maths, enriching the retention power.
- PBP (Psychological boost program) – Promoting positive mental health practices, counseling parent-student-school.
- Sangeet 4 All – Music education program that instill a strong foundation and a life-long love for classical Indian music.
- Mindler - World’s most advanced career guidance platform to make an apt career choice through assessment & activities
- ‘Read program’ for language development.
- Litwits! Reading Program – The school reading program that develops linguistic skills through relevant and informative books and digital books, teacher support, and community engagement activity to improve the education of students and encourage reading both inside and outside of school.
MENTAL EMOTIONAL HEALTH
- QUIET TIME PROGRAM – Transcendental Meditation practiced twice each day for 20 minutes. Helps students and teachers to lead a balanced life and improves their readiness to learn.
- BAAL SAATHEE – A Student Health Benefit Program which empowers each child to live with a perfect balanced state of Mind, Body and Soul.
- TEACHING BHAGWAD GEETA – Value-based Education through Geeta Saar, Stories from Panchatantra and their values in life.
- Psychometric test for students and staff.
- KNOW YOUR BRAIN – An online program designed to transform individuals into elite performers to lead in their field. Focuses on life coaching through biological, psychological and social influences.
- MUN – Educational simulation through academic activities where students can learn about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations. Provides a platform to students to speak, debate, and write, in addition to real-time learning of critical thinking, teamwork, and leadership abilities.
- WORKSHOPS – Teaching hands-on skills through performance rich sessions, enhancing communication skills & leadership qualities.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT – Identification of skill gaps and developing the existing skills to enable students to achieve their goals.
- EXCURSIONS & EXPEDITIONS – (National & International) Rendering real-life and usable skills to prepare future-ready students. Experiential learning based on international cross-curricular opportunities.
- SCHOLARSHIPS - Up to 100% Scholarship (Based on Academic and Sports performance)
- WORK EX CLUBS – To develop skills of planning, problem-solving, collaboration and leadership -Photography, Painting, Science, Orator’s Podium, Environment, Health and Wellness, Personality Development, NCC, Scouts, Guides, Soft Skills, Literary, Astronomy, Music and Dance, Entrepreneurship.
- VIDYADAAN 2.0 – Major contribution to CBSE Portal to enhance the knowledge of students at every level in the country.
- GLOBAL CONNECT – Internationalism, through classroom connect with teachers and students of different schools across the world.
- BRITISH COUNCIL – ISA certification, peer group interactions with international schools.
- STEAM - Nurturing creativity and thinking skills, empowering with potential life skills.
- SANGEET 4 ALL – Music education program that instill a strong foundation and a life-long love for classical Indian music.
- WhiteHat Jr:- India’s #1 Live online 1:1 platform for coding, Children learn logic, structure sequence and algorithmic thinking to generate creative outcomes.
- SCHOOLBELLQ - ERP – Centralization and management of information for streamlining every school communication – managing good communication among all stakeholders
- VEATIVE – Live learning through immersive virtual reality exposure
- STEAM – Nurturing creativity and thinking skills, empowering through potential life skills
- THINK OF A NUMBER – Abacus and Vedic Maths, Enriching the retention power.
- SCHOOL CINEMA – Live studio showcasing award-winning films and assignments reflective of life skills and values.
- GENIUS CORNER – personalized learning, student-centric approach. Applies ‘Assess, Analyse, and Act’ methodology to improve academic results.
- BENESSE: Innovative and data-backed services and solutions for holistic student development
- ATAL TINKERING LAB – Creates an environment of scientific temperament, innovation and creativity among students. Teaches imperative twenty-first-century skills.
- NIIT – MATHS LAB – A fusion of digital multimedia and intriguing manipulative to accomplish LAD approach (Learn-Apply-Diagnose).
- SANAKO – The English Language Lab.
- ROBOTICS – Helps to develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- RAZ PLUS – Online guided reading program with interactive e-books, downloadable books, and reading quizzes.
- TEJASVAT – To learn important lessons and values of life through listening, speaking and reading Sanskrit Suktis and Shlokas, for the students of Class KG –Class XII.
- Collaboration with the only 4 star rated academy by AIFF in north India, Baichung Bhutia Football School to produce exceptionally great football players.
- A self-defence program by Negi's Martial Arts where one can learn boxing, kickboxing, karate, Muay Thai & combat fitness training.
- PILATES - The Pilates studio by Namrata Purohit.
- KID FIT PROGRAM – For Pre- Primary between the ages of 2.5-8 years by Sporty Beans (by Yuvraj Singh).
- SPORTS – Cricket by MS Dhoni Academy, Basketball by NBA Basketball School, Badminton by Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy, Shooting by ShootX. Football, Skating, Volleyball, Athletics, Swimming, Archery, Gymnastics, Handball, Golf, Snooker, Horse Riding, Kick Boxing, Yoga, Aerobics, Karate, Lawn Tennis, Squash, Taekwondo, Hockey, Throw ball, Netball, Fencing, Chess, Carrom, Table Tennis, Gym & Pool table by Ramagya Sports Academy.
- SERVICES: Diet, Fitness & Physiotherapy Programs by Ramagya Sports and Fitness.
- FACILITIES: 11 Badminton courts, 2 Squash courts & 2 Basketball courts with FIBA, BWF & WSF approved Maple wood flooring in collaborations with Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy & NBA Basketball School, Semi Olympic size swimming pool and splash pool,2 lawn tennis clay courts, Shooting Range of International Standard by ShootX, 4 Indoor Auditoriums and one open-air theatre with the seating capacity of more than 3000 persons.
STATE OF THE ART INFRASTRUCTURE
- AC Digital Classrooms.
- Sprawling Wi-Fi campus.
- Labs – Linguistic (Language Lab), 3D, Math, Social Science, Computer, Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Virtual Reality, Robotics.
- Robotics – Helps to develop problem solving and critical thinking skills to enhance good and quick decision-making abilities.
- 2 Multi-purpose 25000 sq. ft. fully air-conditioned & climate-controlled halls.
- 11 Badminton courts, 2 Squash courts & 2 Basketball courts with FIBA, BWF & WSF approved Maple wood flooring in collaborations with Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy & NBA Basketball School.
- Semi Olympic size swimming pool and splash pool.
- 2 lawn tennis clay courts.
- Shooting Range of International Standard by ShootX Academy.
- 4 Indoor Auditoriums and one Open Air Theatre with the seating capacity of more than 3000 persons.
- Art Workstation.
- Dance Studio – The Dance Worx by Ashley Lobo.
- Football ground designed with 40mm synthetic Astro Turf that has the shock-absorbing cushion to prevent blisters & scars during the play session.
- Recording studio with soundproof walls, DAW- digital audio workstation, and a studio quality microphone where upcoming talent can record their songs and melodies.
- Carpentry and other skill development work stations.
- Furtados – From print music to digital equipment, having a complete spectrum of musical instruments in the Western and Indian categories, Furtados has evolved into a one-stop shop for the music oriented.
GLOBAL CAREER COUNSELLING
- The Canadian University Application Centre (CUAC)
- The Goethe Institute
- University of California, Riverside
- International Peace Youth Group (IPYG)
- AFS Inter-cultural Program
- International Award for Young People (IAYP)
- International Global Citizen’s Award ( IGC Award)
- Princeton Review – World’s leading test preparation institute for SAT, ACT, AP, The Princeton Review offers test preparation courses, tutoring services, and or guidebooks for various tests
LIFE COACHING PROGRAMME (LCP)
- Relationship coaching
- Motivational strategies
- Innovative planning
- Persuasive influence
- Body language
- Personal life coaching
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (PDP)
- Dynamic leadership Dynamic leadership
- Presentation mastery
- Effective communication
- Social grace
- Cooperative learning
- Voice modulation
- Daily conversation skills
- Active listening
- Public speaking
- Delivery speech
- Art of storytelling
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Well-equipped Infirmary & medical collaborations with Multispecialty hospitals.
- Health Line – VIVO AND ASHI – Basic life-saving training and support program.
- Preparedness & Training in Disaster Management.
- AC Transport equipped with Vehicle Tracking System, GPS, Speed monitoring system, CCTV cameras, SMS alerts for Transport updates & Lady Security Guards.
- Extensive monitoring through latest CCTVs (24x7).
- School automation for 360-degree feedback by School App for parents and students
- Ramagya Foundation – Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for (the underprivileged) through programs undertaken by Unnati Shiksha Kendra & Purusharth.