How many of you remember, the time when you had to choose a stream? A course? A college?
- Stream selection was about scores.
- Course (for the most part & in most cases) was about scores.
- Colleges were definitely about cut-offs.
- The final output was job placements & designations.
Cut to 2019, there is a paradigm shift in the way we perceive education. Humanities have become the most sought after course after breaking the mindset that it was for students with lower scores. Today everyone is more focused on Careers than jobs or simply placement. We are starting to talk about finding the right fit. To ensure that we as a school are able to cater to this shift in perception, we are adding technology to our arsenal in bringing to students Career Counseling 2.0.
Importance of career counseling:
- The world of work is changing all the time – and fast. Jobs have emerged that didn’t exist five or ten years ago (A study says 65% of today’s children will end up working in jobs that don’t currently exist). And the idea that you’d stick with one career for your entire working life has been left in the dust. Career counseling, therefore, becomes the compass that helps you understand your goal and navigate the roads that lead to it. Research says that once the end goal reveals itself, people are more motivated to work towards it.
Importance of online system:
- While we are talking about all this, we have to be sure we don’t forget the importance of technology and how it adds value to everything that we do in our regular day-to-day life. Adding technology to any equation opens a lot of avenues for us as a school to see and interact with students. Imagine if we could use technology to find out.
- Find out individual students likes and dislikes
- Create a customized individual roadmap.
- Find out the right fit careers & colleges that a student than preparing for and achieve success.
- Track student progress and identify who needs attention immediately.
We have partnered with an education technology organization called Univariety which specializes in setting up digital career and college counseling for schools. They have, to date, helped in setting up
- Digital Counseling infrastructure for more than 300 schools, and
- Have helped over 80,000 students find the right fit college and careers
With this platform, we as a school will be able to ensure that career counseling support is available for each student 365 days a year! We will also be able to get information in real-time about what are the individual needs of each student that can then be catered to by Univariety.
How it helps:
Students using the Univariety portal get access to support in the form of 4 different pillars:
- Research tool for college & career planning
- One-click Counselor on chat
- Alumni support and guidance (Tapping into the enormous resource pool that is the alumni and using their first-hand experience to guide the current batch of students as they start their career and college planning journey)
- University connects (where universities get to look at student profiles minus the contact details and work with Univariety to schedule personal interviews
The Alumni & career guidance program has been designed to provide Holistic Guidance. Students will get guidance from Psychometric Assessments, Counsellors, First-hand guidance from Alumni, Directly from Universities and factual guidance from the E-Library regarding Courses, Careers, Countries, Entrance Exams, Colleges, deadlines around important dates & Scholarships.
University Of California, Riverside (USA):
Ramagya School has forged ties with the University of California, Riverside (USA) to provide the feel of internationalism and help Ramagyan cherish the dream of studying at the globally acclaimed University of California, Riverside. This collaboration entitles our students to be eligible for admission to International Education Programme at UCR. Besides this various events such as students and faculty exchange programmes, the conduct of seminars, international guest workshops, research sessions, assessments enable our students to imbibe and incorporate the finer points of learning programmes abroad.
Cambridge International Examination:
Ramagya School has collaborated with Cambridge University to give an international feel to its students. The finer points of this world-acclaimed University are incorporated in the curriculum to make the students world ready to face any kind of global competition.
AFS Inter Cultural Programme(USA):
Ramagya School entered into an alliance with the AFS Student exchange Programme as it helps in building and developing necessary 21st-century skills to be a leader with the ability to understand diverse perspectives and communicate effectively through cultures. AFS provides opportunities for Ramagyans to be part of inter culture learning programmes and helps in finding resources for global competency.